[Fsfe-se] Felllowship cost

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:21:46 CET 2005

It seems quite clear that a monthly payment system is not cost effective.

Might FSFE implement a lower fee for the unemployed (of which there are
far too many these days) and for students? I have met lots of out of
work developers who start to fool with linux, perl, php, etc. and find
their way to FOSS when they are unemployed or under employed. Fellowship
with the FSFE, when affordable to those in temporary financial
difficulty, could be something to put on a CV.

This symbiotic relationship between the FSFE and the greater software
community could increase the FSFE's value as force for positive change.

Might'nt we implement a one year only membership for 10 euros? A student
or developer good join, pay 10 euros for one year, and if the want to
remain a fellow, then pay the normal 60 euro rate? Or perhaps we could
have this program be a four year program to reflect the amount of time
one spends as a student.

Best regards,

Jeremiah