[Fsfe-ie] patent letter

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Sat May 8 15:11:58 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 05:41:58PM +0100, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> [cc james heald: Q at end: who are we writing to nowadays?]
>
> > Probably a bit late now but I was thinking of firing this little rant off
> > to Mary Hornet and various others (maybe adapt it as a letter for the
> > paper).
>
> late for what?  the sooner the better - but we have 10 days to get stuff
> done. (but the sooner the better, again.)

Late as in I've not done much about this at all until now.

> > Is 21 years correct as the (maximum) lifespan of a patent.
>
> 20

Another question. Will a patent granted any national patent office be valid
throughout Europe?

> > Where can I get a list of people who should get my letter?
>
> "Mary Harney, and the patents person/people at entemp.ie" is the only answer
> I have.  James Heald might know better?

I was actually thinking I might fire off a customised copies to TDs and MEPs
who are in parties voting in favour of this too. This is a perennial
question, does anyone have TD and MEP email addresses handy?