[Fsfe-ie] Euro-copyrights. org/EC review of copyright legislation/TACD Future of WIPO meeting

Teresa Hackett [default] teresahackett at eircom.net
Tue Jul 27 06:54:04 CEST 2004

Euro-copyrights. org provides an overview of the protection of technological
measures in the European Union. They're looking for contributoes to report
on a number of countries including Ireland.
http://www.euro-copyrights.org

The European Commission recently launched a public consultation on the
legislative framework for copyright and related rights (the 8 Directives),
to "iron out inconsistencies, simplify provisions and to assess whether any
further legislation is required". Continues the work on the updating of the
acquis begun at the Commission copyright conference in 2002. Comments by
31.10.2004. More information, including a Commission staff working paper at:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/copyright/review/review_en.htm

The TransAtlantic Consumer Dialogue (TACD) will host a two-day meeting in
Geneva on the Future of WIPO on 13-14.9.2004.
The meeting will bring together leading experts and stakeholders from
academia, industry, NGOs, and governments, as well as members of the WIPO
secretariat, to discuss the future of this United Nations Agency. This one
should be fun ;-)
http://www.tacd.org/cgi-bin/db.cgi?page=view&config=admin/docs.cfg&id=259

Teresa

PS Apologies for the virus attachment that got sent to the list last week -
Conor was right, I didn't send it (it appeared to come to me from the
co-ordinator of the Green Group in the European Parliament) - cannot explain
how it happened as I was in Moscow all week, my computer was powered off in
Dublin and I didn't access my mail while away - eircom can't explain
either - so I've deleted the fsf-ie address from my webmail address book as
a precaution - if there's anything else to prevent this, please shoot me a
mail off-list - thanks.