[Fsfe-ie] That was the launch, what next (and robots)

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Thu Jan 8 12:49:34 CET 2004

yeh, first IFSO meeting tonight: http://ifso.info/about.html

I got a mail from a Sunday Tribune journalist yesterday with a load of
questions, so we might get a mention there.  (not a dedicated article,
just questions for another article.)

I'll make some general questions and answers based on his questions,
and add them to the IFSO FAQ, probably tomorrow.  It might be best to
treat the FAQ has a gathering point for journalist-level questions.

Glenn Strong <Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie> writes:
> On , January 6, 2004 at 08:50 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> > Well, we made it onto gnu-friends.org, lwn.net, newsforge.com, and
> > slashdot.org.  Front page of the first two, and somewhere on the
> > others.
>
> This is excellent, well done Ciaran. I've also seen links at a couple
> of other places (linux.ie, etc).

And well done other people.  My slashdot submission was rejected but
Aidans got through.  www.affs.org.uk also mentioned us on their front
page.  The site has now seen 424 unique IPs, pretty cool, and the
fsfe-ie list is up to 61 subscribers.

> > * Start accepting memberships[0] (committee at a minimum.  yes?)
>
> The committee are the starter members - we can accept new members
> immediately.

I'll get a receipt book, or something, and'll bring my 20.

The IFSO constitution is now on the site, thanks to Glenn.

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/