[fsfe-fi] Rebooting FSFE's Nordic activities

Alexander Bokovoy ab at fsfe.org
Mon Oct 23 18:10:57 CEST 2017

On ma, 23 loka 2017, Joonas Kylmälä wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was happy to receive your message! I'm interested in helping with the
> Nordic Free Software Award! How many people we are and will we have
> regular meetings in order to make the thing happen? Maybe on IRC? Also,
> are we going to have some event in a physical location where to announce
> the person who to give the award?
>
> I'm located in Helsinki and there is this meeting once in a month called
> "Free Thursday" where I could advertise this and maybe we will get some
> help from the people there!
>
> One thing I just remembered is that I saw a sign in our local library
> that they are willing to provide the space and tools to anyone who is
> organizing some public event or performance, though the library is quite
> small but I'm confident that also the bigger ones with more space offer
> the same service. The sign also said they were willing to help with the
> marketing of the event!
Yes.

There are many places around the capital area where one can get a space
for meeting. In Espoo, for example, one can use
https://varaamo.espoo.fi/ to search for options on a specific date among
all municipal places. I'm sure Helsinki has a similar set up as well.

Availability wouldn't be a big issue if we choose a date that doesn't
overlap with any of big holidays.

I'm willing to help with activities in Nordic too. ;)

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy