vserver included in the Softpedia Linux software database

Volker Grabsch vog at notjusthosting.com
Mo Sep 21 14:03:54 UTC 2009

Dear Softpedia Team,

[ CC to the Free Software Foundation Europe, as it is about
  spamming and other maltreatment of free software developers. ]

Softpedia Editorial Team <linuxeditor at softpedia.com> wrote:
> vserver, one of your products, has been added to Softpedia's database of
> software programs for Linux. It is featured with a description text,
> screenshots, download links and technical details on this page:
> http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Libraries/vserver-50913.shtml

I just took a look at softpedia.com, and I got the impression that
its information is not well-maintained and was created in a big
hurry. [1] [2]  As a system administrator and software developer,
I don't want to be associated with such an immature piece of work.

So it would be nice if you could remove me and all of my projects
from your site.

In addition, please don't send annoying emails to me whenever you
discover that I published something. [3]

Sincerely
Volker Grabsch

[1] For instance, Softpedia added 7 words of prefix to the project
    description of my python-tex project. Those 7 words ("tex is a
    Pytohn library that can") contain 3 typos!

[2] In addition, Softpedia claims that my homepage is
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hosh
    However, this page isn't even about me! It is just a standard
    page of SourceForge that summarizes _one_ of my projects.

[3] As I never opted in to get those automatically created emails,
    these are nothing more and nothing less than SPAM.

    It seems that Softpedia sends that SPAM to everyone who publishes
    a project on the Python Package Index. Maybe other free software
    sites as are affected, too.

--
Volker Grabsch