fsfe-nl

Rainer Kersten rainer at woodshed.de
Thu Oct 25 15:28:33 CEST 2012

Hi folks!

Please forgive me for also writing in english. Some of you
know about the low level of my spoken Nederlands, so please
forget my written version. ;-)

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 08:51:25PM +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Jelle Hermsen wrote:
> >Maybe we can kick off some discussion about what we want to
> >accomplish with FSFE in the lowlands.

That would be fine!

> >To summarize discussions we
> >had a while ago, one of the first things would be to show our face
> >at conferences and maybe use our NL (BNL?) team to relieve Rainer
> >a bit.

Oh, it is not about relieving me! We should strengthen the
Fellowship - however to achieve that goal.

In the next time, a part of my job is to focus on the activities
in BNL, so do not try to relieve me, but see me as your "assistant". ;-)

> Manning a stand is not really my piece of cake, but I will be at
> T-DOSE next weekend.

That would be very good. Let's have some serious chats there.

> I heard a rumour that FSFE might not be there
> (despite being listed on the website) because there was some
> confusion about dates resulting in double booking.

Oops? Which dates did I confuse? I only planned T-Dose at that
weekend, and yes, I will mann the FSFE booth. ;-)

> >Therefor I would love the idea of using this mailing
> >list as the main spot for discussions and decision making.

Fine with me.

> You have my vote for fsfe-bnl. I believe in an earlier discussion
> fsfe-nl was found to be deprecated.

What? No, please not. ;-)

Last week I had a call with Mark Lamers. Due to overwhelming
workload he resigned from his position as Netherland coordinator.
To avoid misunderstandings: We (incl. Karsten Gerloff) agreed
upon that step in an absolutely friendly matter. We all hope that
Mark will come back and start his activities again whenever his
situation is more comfortable. There was absolutely no quarrel
or any offense.

Mark, if you still have the time to read this: Many thanks for
your work, all the nice chats and the beers at FOSDEM! I wish
you all the best and better working conditions!

I would like to recommend that the fellows which will be present
at T-Dose meet at FSFE booth to roll the dice for a new coordinator.
For sure, that me be discussed here as well, but I feel
communication via VoA[1] is quite important in that case.

There are no formalities of any kind. The fellows might just
decide - and can decide in another way whenever necessary.
In the past, we always had consensus based decisions (i.e.
by defining Mark as coordinator). My recommendation is to go on
in that way. I will happily collaborate with my new
"nederlandse baas"! ;-)

I have to work on a plan for 2013 to get a budget for BNL
activities. So, the next step I would like to do is to define
a list of events where we should be present and - hopefully -
some dates for meetings, barbecue, $whatever to get an overview
about the costs travelling, hotel, $whatever.

Feel free to throw other requirements at me!
The worst case is that I will throw them back. ;-)

BTW: Can someone take over the moderation of that list?
Mark did it so far.

Haartelijke Groeten
Rainer,
hoping to see lots of Fellows at T-Dose.