pdfreaders campaign

Matthias Kirschner mk at office.fsfeurope.org
Tue Jul 12 03:34:07 CEST 2011

Hello Mark, hello Martijn,

* Mark Lamers <mark at marklamers.nl> [2011-07-10 22:20:20 +0200]:

> Martijn points out that with this text the emphasis  is on advertising
> non-free software. He suggests that should be: "recommending just one
> piece of software, and suggesting no alternatives."

I have not internet access at the moment (sitting at the aiport in Sao
Paulo), so I can not yet check the etherpad. Is is based on the model
letter which is linked from the button of
http://fsfe.org/campaigns/pdfraders?

The goal of this campaign the public administrations is not, that _they_
start using a Free PDFreader. The goal is that they remove non-free
advertisement from their websites.  With PDFreaders.org we show them,
that there are other vendor neutral readers. If they want to point their
users to Free Software, they can do so. But they should definetely not
do advertisement for one company.

The letter also is a tool to inform the public administration about Free
Software and Open Standards, so they already heard about that and about
FSFE. This way it will be easier for people to talk with them about Free
Software, as they already heard about it before.

I hope that explained it better. If you have any further questions I am
happy to help (please include pdfreaders at lists.fsfe.org in your reply,
too).

Thanks a lot that you follow up on the bugs in the Netherlands!

Best Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
Free Software is important to you? Join today! (fsfe.org/join)