I Love Free Software Day 2023

Bonnie Mehring bonnie at fsfe.org
Tue Jan 31 11:02:27 UTC 2023

Dear Discussion-List,

I would like to share with you the news about the upcoming I Love Free
Software Day 2023 :) and hear your thoughts on this.
The "I Love Free Software Day" is an annual celebration of our love for
software freedom on the 14th of February. On this day we reach out to
each other and say thank you to all Free Software contributors. More
info for the I Love Free Software Day can be found here: https://ilovefs.org

For this years “I Love Free Software Day” we have focused on real-life
meetings and asked our local groups to organise a get-together. If you
would like to join a meeting here are a few that will happen on the 14th:

* the Netherlands team will meet in Arnhem at 7 pm (CET)
* In Berlin an “I Love Free Software Day” party will take place at
C-Base, Rungestraße 20, from 19:30 till 00:00 (and even better directly
before the party an Upcycling Android workshop will take place starting
at 16:30 pm (CET)
* the local group in Hamburg will meet for the I Love Free Software Day
* and a Pizza party will be organised at the Chaos Computer Club in
Frankfurt am Main.
* in Greece an I Love Free Software and privacy get-together will be
organised in Thessaloniki.
* in Switzerland the local group Zurich invites all Free Software
enthusiast to join them at 5 o’clock in the afternoon at Bitwäscherei in
Zurich.
* While the Italian community will meet online.

If there is no meeting near you, we would be happy to help you organise
a get-together in your area. Let us ensure we show our love for Free
Software and it’s contributors online and offline for this years I Love
Free Software Day! Join us in celebrating software freedom across Europe
on the 14th of February.

For all of you who want to celebrate online we have our
sharepic-generator: https://sharepic.fsfe.org/#ilovefs
Create a personalised thank you image and share it via social media.

And last but not least: share your love for a Free Software project
while using our new I Love Free Software postcard:
https://fsfe.org/contribute/spreadtheword.en.html#ilovefs

Let us make this years I Love Free Software Day a team event and support
the local group meetings!

Best regards,
Bonnie
--
Bonnie Mehring - Junior project manager -
Free Software Foundation Europe