Deadline extension for the Youth Hacking 4 Freedom registration

Bonnie Mehring bonnie at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 12 10:09:50 UTC 2023

Dear All,

Happy New Year to all of you and I hope you had a good start into 2023!
Thank you for your help in spreading the news about the “Youth Hacking 4
Freedom” contest [1]. This has helped us greatly and we have received
numerous registrations. However, after closing the registration we
noticed people missed the closing and are now hoping to be admitted
late. Of course we are not holding anyone back and are happy to extend
the deadline until the end of January. So that everybody has the chance
to register. This extension does not include an extensions for the
coding period. Projects have to be handed in by the end of June 2023.
As this extension should be an option for everybody I would like to ask
you for your help in promoting the news about it and the contest itself.

YH4F in a nutshell:
   * Participants must be 14-18 years old and should register at YH4F
website: https://yh4f.org
   * The registration is extended till the end of January
   * Six winners will be awarded again with cash prizes and a trip to
Brussels.
   * The competition takes place online. The Award Ceremony is in Brussels.
   * The coding period started on the 1st of January and ends on the
30th of June 2023.

Thank you for your help in spreading the news throughout Europe.

Best regards,
Bonnie

[1] yh4f.org
--
Bonnie Mehring - Junior project manager -
Free Software Foundation Europe