#reclaimyourface citizen pedition against mass surveillance

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Fri Mar 26 15:11:05 UTC 2021

Hello,
personally I've signed the EU pedition
  https://reclaimyourface.eu/

to prevent allowing computers to automatically identify
use everywhere. I believe such systems would have a bad effect
on our democratic society here in Europe.

No, it won't be enough to make the software running facial recognition
software Free Software. (It is good to do so, because it helps researching
the abilities) Just like it is forbidden by law to read other peoples mail
or listen to their conversations, we probably need a law to rule out
mass surveillance by software.

I hope you'll sign and spread the word, too.

Best Regards,
Bernhard
ps.: Die privacy laws about conversations and email could also be better.

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute