Is there a bank that is usable with a Google-free phone?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Mar 26 19:46:45 UTC 2021

Hi Jure,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 08:37:23PM +0100, Jure Varlec wrote:
> Second, does anyone know a bank that is usable with Free Software only
> and will serve international customers?

I don't know about the latter part, but Deutsche Bank still offers HBCI with
chip-card.  I use it with aqbanking and the smart card reader built-into
my laptop.  aqbanking has command line tools and can work with CSV files
and the like, very useful for automatization.  I also think there's gnucash
integration, but I never used that.

They also offer online banking via web frontend using "photo TAN" which is
a small dedicated reader device with a CCD camera that you use to
scan a 2D barcode off their website.

Regards,
	Harald