GitHub, proprietary services and Save Code Share

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Tue May 7 09:50:20 UTC 2019

Hi, Mirko!

Am 06.05.19 um 15:55 schrieb Mirko Boehm:
> Most of the ground work on this issue was done by Openforum Europe.
> [...]
> Which means the interests of the free software community where
> much less present in the process than is commonly assumed here.

Is this implying that OFE actively works against the interests of Free
Software, or are they just indifferent? I assume that you have some
insight about this, being the Co-Chair of the Intellectual Property Task
Force at OFE.

Also, given your involvement in the OFE side of the process, I
understand that you of course see the amount of work done on that side.

Generally, I think it makes sense to, for specific activities, partner
with other organisations if these other orgs pursue the same goals as we
do, even if they do it for different reasons.

In no case, IMHO, should we stop to fight for what is good for Free
Software just because it happens to also be good for organisations or
companies we don't like.

Thanks,
Reinhard