Protect freedom on radio devices: raise your voice today!

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Fri Mar 1 15:43:34 UTC 2019

Hi all,

There is a EU directive which may make it impossible to install custom
software on your radio devices, e.g. routers, mobile phones, or embedded
devices. You can help convince the European Commission to limit the
number of device categories this affects, but the period is ending this
Monday.

It is not hard to participate. I've just published a blog post
summarising the topic (long version here [^1]) and providing basic
arguments that you can reuse:

  https://blog.mehl.mx/2019/protect-freedom-on-radio-devices-raise-your-voice-today/

Please spend a few minutes to make your point by Monday. We need to show
the Commission that there are people who actually care for user freedom
on their devices, and who want to control their technology.

Thanks for raising your voice!

Best,
Max

[^1]: https://fsfe.org/activities/radiodirective/

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl