History Repeating

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Mar 3 14:51:16 UTC 2019

Hello,

I don't know whether this is an issue with the FSFE Web site or some real
news, but I see the following item on the FSFE front page (https://fsfe.org/):

"""
Jonas Öberg joins FSFE as Executive Director

FSFE has recruited long-time Free Software activist Jonas Öberg to be the
organisation's Executive Director. He joins the organisation's leadership team
on March 1.
"""

I suppose the clue that not everything is as it should be is the URL it links
to:

https://fsfe.org/news/2015/news-20150301-01.en.html

And Karsten Gerloff is quoted as FSFE President in the article itself, which
would surely take us back to 2015.

Meanwhile, Jonas was involved in the FSFE-in-2020 activity I asked about
almost a month ago. I wonder if there is anything still to report about that.

Paul