FSFE and censorship - not true?

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 14 15:01:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thank you for subscribing to this list today and joining the discussion!

Regarding your question, as one of the moderators, I can tell you that the claims in the linked blog post are not true. The author either did not receive the full emails or is leaving out important parts himself. Either way, I saw some of the mails he is referring to and the quotes are not complete. Please take information from this blog with a grain of salt because the presented information is unfortunately often incomplete and one-sided. That is all I can say about the referenced blog post.

What we, and I personally, want to avoid here are further unproductive flame wars. That has been very difficult, but luckily there have been hardly any problematic emails after we announced to set this list to moderated. We, the moderators, and also other volunteers who are heavily involved in the day to day activities of the FSFE, want to hear criticism and we are actually working on providing an additional way for you to voice your criticism and ask questions.

I volunteered to write a proposal for that new option, but I have not found the time yet and I have felt emotionally drained from all the fights, to be honest. So please allow me to take a few more days and get back to you with more information once I have it.

Happy hacking!
Florian

More information about the Discussion mailing list