FSFE and censorship - not true?

Andreas Nilsson emitter at hush.com
Fri Sep 14 15:18:27 UTC 2018

Hello Virgil.

I have read the news about a stated censorship that is ongoing in the
mailing list. I would not be surprised if it were true that this is an
ongoing action however that is impliciting that an action is to be
taken by the responsible moderators of this mailing list to somewhat
fast strip the abusing moderators their rights to moderate any further.

The sole reason for moderation is to calm a discussion down and the
abuse of moderation will be to kill a discussion off.

This is a wake up call for moderators on discussion at lists.fsfe.org and
their responsibility is to leave these people out of moderation
privileges right away.

It is certainly not OK with me.

Kind regards,
Andreas

https://danielpocock.com/what-is-the-difference-between-moderation-and-censorship

> Please tell us this is not to be true?
>
> Virgil
> participants are kindly asked to be excellent to each other:
> https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct
- --
Developer of Chilling Spree, a Quakeworld(tm) server modification
licensed under GNU GPLv2.

Download area: http://download.tuxfamily.org/cspree/.

Member of FSFE. Fellow no 00 000 3948.

Composer of CC BY licensed works.

Download and streaming hosted at
https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/andreas/.

GnuPG fingerprint: 579A 7871 2B40 5331 487D  465F B122 68DC 6FEF D814