community feedback on GA meeting agenda?

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 29 10:00:00 UTC 2017

Hi Carsten,

> In practice I think it would be fair to say that the (previous) Fellows
> or (current) Supporters *are* the community - specifically, the paying
> part of the community, those who identify enough with the FSFE to invest
> an annual amount.

Thanks for weighing in. We've always tried to make clear to people that as
a non-profit, we value the time people put into our activities, more than
we value financial contributions. We also have many volunteers from
countries where an annual 60 Euro contribution is actually a lot of
money. So I'd be hesitant to not count them as part of our community, in
this sense.

But counting them as part of the community is on the other hand more
difficult. Unless we simply accept everyone who's subscribed to any
FSFE mailing list as eligible to vote, which is certainly possible.

(As long as they know and are informed when they sign up to the mailing
list that this implies them getting mails not only related to the mailing
list but also for votes for community representation).

--
Jonas Öberg
Executive Director

FSFE e.V. - keeping the power of technology in your hands. Your
support enables our work, please join us today http://fsfe.org/join