FSFE in Outreachy?

Daniel Guagnin lists.d at guagnin.de
Mon Sep 4 20:31:26 UTC 2017

On 04.09.2017 10:17, natacha wrote:
> But I am unequivocally against such programs, on the simple grounds that
> it tries to combat discrimination _through_ discrimination, which is
> about as silly to me as trying to achieve world peace through war.

To just negate discrimination makes it even stronger.
That's why to fight the (existing) discrimination against Non-WASP[1] in
favour of WASP. it is necessary to name discrimination.

Stating that there is no difference just hides the social distinctions
which are actually in place and working. This leads to neglecting those
who are discriminated.

[1] Just as example: White Anglo-Saxon Protestants