Free Software security vulnerabilities: Heartbleed and other case studies?

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Sun Jul 23 13:48:22 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for case studies on security and free software, in
particular the differences in how the world can respond to the discovery
of important vulnerabilities/exploits on free software vs. proprietary
software.

Any case studies on how the world dealt to react quickly and update
systems in reponse to Heartbleed for instance?

How do support providers react, e.g. Red Hat, Oracle?

Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might have interesting
resources on this subject.

Best,
Hugo

PS: please keep me in To: if you respond