Fellowship elections participation

Heiki Lõhmus repentinus at fsfe.org
Wed Apr 26 21:07:05 UTC 2017

> * A misleading process whereby the hustings were announced for one date and
> held on another. And I'm still not sure whether the hustings were announced by
> mail or not because I was renewing my Fellowship at around the time any mail
> might have gone out. (They were tucked away on a "migrated" wiki page, which
> is where I found out about them.)

The main announcement was on the front page of fsfe.org with the correct
date. A mistake only occurred in the wiki page. A general e-mail to all
Fellows was not sent out because we have past experience where some
Fellows have been very unhappy to receive frequent communications from
us. I decided that an e-mail just to announce the hustings was not
warranted. If enough people say they would have preferred a direct
mailing, we shall keep that in mind for the next year.

--
Heiki Lõhmus
Vice President
repentinus at fsfe.org