Fellowship elections participation

Jens Lechtenboerger jens.lechtenboerger at fsfe.org
Wed Apr 26 17:28:20 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-26, at 09:51, Erik Albers wrote:
> On 25.04.2017 20:19, Jens Lechtenboerger wrote:

>> if you want to know something from the fellows, why do you not ask
>> them?  (I’m a fellow, and I’m surprised by your choice of
>> communication channel.)
>
> Which way would you propose when you talk about "asking Fellows"? By a
> mail to all Fellows?

Exactly.

> I chose this channel because I expect 50% or more of the list
> subscribers to be Fellows (although I have no number at hand) and
>  - to not "overload" our Fellows with a mail to all Fellows
>  - to enable an open discussion where people can react on each other's
>    comments and motivate each other in participating.
>  - a community topic is best discussed inside the community

One e-mail to announce the elections’ outcome combined with a
question should not “overload” too many fellows.  Actually, they
might like to be informed about the outcome.  (Which did not happen
so far, if I’m not mistaken.)

Anyways, for questions like this I suggest to address both, fellows
and this list, in a single e-mail.  That might be a nice opportunity
to ask fellows to subscribe here for an open discussion.

Best wishes
Jens