Is there a small hacker friendly firewall for home use?

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Mon Sep 5 21:45:28 UTC 2016

Hi Miguel,

# Miguel Tavares [2016-09-03 10:45 +0200]:
> I was thinking of finding a device that would allow me to create a wifi
> network for this home devices (such as TV and what's not), monitor the
> connections created and have a white list of names and/or IP address
> that connections would be allowed.

Recently I heard the state of the art is using for example the APU2
system by PC Engines, which is a fully Free Software compatible network
device. For WiFi, PC Engines also sells compatible antennas. You can
install a network firewall OS like IPFire or pfSense on it which should
provide all features you mentioned (and lots more!).

Never used it but heard a few good reports about it.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - FSFE Germany Coordinator - https://fsfe.org