Implementing a code of conduct?

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Thu Nov 3 15:01:48 UTC 2016

On 11/03/2016 03:19 PM, Erik Albers wrote:
> 	Are you in favor or against having a general Code of Conduct?
I think having a Code of Conduct is a good idea. I respect Mauricio's
opinion, but in many otherwise good communities a minority of people
sometimes fail to be as kind and respectful as they should, and I think
formalizing the notion that "This is not how we do things here" is a
good idea.

Indeed, there are two sides of "hackerdom" which may apply to an
organization such as FSFE; one, that of technical insight and building
cool things; two, that of having strong opinions of the right way to do
things and low opinions of people who think or do otherwise. And I think
it's easier for a moderator to say "Please respect our Code of Conduct"
than "please don't be unfriendly/[ ]-ist/personal/unpleasant".
> 	Are you in favor or against having this Code of Conduct?
I wonder if the points "be collaborative" and "be open" are too verbose
or too specific. Maybe they could be subsumed into a single point, "be
constructive", maybe.

Best
Carsten