ILoveFS needs your participation

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Sat Feb 27 23:00:13 UTC 2016

Hello Daniel,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 08:40:07AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 10/02/16 22:33, Max Mehl wrote:
> > # Daniel Pocock [10.02.2016 @ 21:12]:
> >
> > As you noted, the first step has to be some kind of hard facts
> > collection. Do you have some rough ideas how to do that? Ask a
> > small peer group for their experiences in detail, or make a broader
> > survey?
> >

> There seem to be a number of universities that have free software (or
> dare I say it, "open source") research groups looking at various
> metrics from the free software world.  Maybe reaching out to some of
> them and suggest it is a worthwhile thing to study, see if any have an
> interest?
>
> Other researchers (e.g. in social sciences, anthropology) may also be
> interested
> http://lwn.net/Articles/425897/

Thanks for this! I've been pushing off a more elaborated reply for
weeks now and just created a ticket in the "action" tracker [1] as I
don't foresee that I will be able to actually work on it in the near
future. Hopefully someone else is interested to pick it up in the
meantime.

Greetings and thanks again!

Guido

[1] https://action.fsfe.org/ticket/59

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
https://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []          Edu team & German team