new subscriber intro

Andrés Muñiz Piniella a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Fri Oct 9 23:10:55 UTC 2015

>> related topics to Free software.
>
>Welcome to the list!

Ditto! You have helped me before in Ubuntu-uk mailing list, glad to see you here.

>> I would be interested in hearing from anyone in the Local area who is
>> also interested in promoting free software so that we can perhaps
>> collaborate a little.
>
>You might want to be a bit more specific here. I do not know whether we
>have anyone active near Devon, but we do have some people who have been
>active in the past in the UK.

Here in southwest London is problably not local enough?

>> I work in a school so am in a good position or will be in a better
>> position soon to try and promote software freedom in schools, as that
>> does also tie in with the curriculum,  perhaps using software
>legally,
>> free software is an alternative to buying software or most certainly
>> pirating software of any kind.
>
>Sounds interesting. Do you have anything more detailed in mind?

As a parent I would like to know how I need to talk to,  the teacher, headmaster, PTA, company that does IT support, council, ...?

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk
Ham United Group