Your participation on IloveFS day

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Mon Feb 9 16:18:34 UTC 2015

Dear Fellows and friends,

As you may have already seen [1], this week is dedicated to the "I love
Free Software" day which will take place on the upcoming Saturday,
February 14.

As every year we want to use Valentine's Day to not only give pleasure
to our sweethearts but also to say "Thank you" to all people which are
easing our daily lifes by contributing to Free Software - may they be
developers, translators, activists, testers or documentalists.

This year the focus is on the individuals. Most of us like some of the
huge Free Software projects, but all of us also rely on smaller pieces
of software. In many cases, those projects are driven by very few people
who are dedicating their free and work time for the software's users.
All of them deserve our appreciation!

I would like to ask you and your friends to show your love individually
to them on this special day. We already prepared some nice activities
which will make it easy to take part in the IloveFS campaign:

- For this year we created a photo gallery [2] of people showing their
  love to Free Software. Thanks to several people we already collected
  some nice pictures which might inspire you. So why not taking a camera
  and make a picture of you presenting your enthusiasm for Free Software
  and its contributors creatively? Send them to the developers or use
  them in your blog posts or microblogs!

- The second novelty of this year's campaign are the postcards with the
  "I love Free Software... but I love YOU more" slogan on it. They are
  suitable to be sent to your dearest but also to people you want to
  thank for their work for the Free Software community. As a special you
  can get them for free on our "Spread The Word" page! [3]

- And of course we'd also be happy about your activity on microblogs
  like GnuSocial or Twitter (please use #ilovefs) and articles on your
  blogs about specific projects you'd like to recommend or general
  aspects of Free Software you want to emphasize. It's a great resource
  of motivation and knowledge for all of us. In the last part of the
  #ilovefs report 2014 [4] you can cast a glance at a small excerpt of
  blog posts we've seen last time.

So let's celebrate a joyful "I love Free Software" day on Saturday
together! I'm very excited to see your creative ideas and we're all
looking forward to making contributors of all kinds happy :)

Thanks and best regards,
Max

P.S.: I'd like to thank all people who helped with this year's campaign
so far! Translators, photographers, proofreaders etc. - you know who you
are :)

[1] https://fsfe.org/news/2015/news-20150209-01.html
[2] https://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/whylovefs/gallery.html
[3] https://fsfe.org/contribute/spreadtheword.en.html#ilovefs-postcard
[4] https://fsfe.org/news/2014/news-20140221-01.html#id-more-blog-posts

--
Max Mehl - Free Software Foundation Europe - www.fsfe.org
About me: http://fsfe.org/about/mehl | Blog: blog.mehl.mx

Fellow of FSFE? Then you can vote for YOUR representative:
  >>> https://wiki.fsfe.org/FellowshipElection_2015 <<<