Petition to Mozilla: Remove DRM

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Oct 6 08:26:19 UTC 2014

op 06-10-14 10:12, Pierre Schweitzer schreef:
> You talked twice about the "default settings". Do we know that they'll
> be regarding DRM?
> Can't we imagine it will act as for some "dangerous" plugins in
> Firefox: it will prompt the user before doing anything?

True. Or you could imagine a warning what you can turn-off per site.
So when you come the first time on a site what uses DRM, you will get a
warning, even when you turned the warning off on other sites.

> Otherwise, can't be the default settings changed on distribution
> basis, each packager being able to set them as it matches best its
> distribution philosophy?

Most people are not using a free distro. With a "per distro setting" you
don't get many people rejecting DRM.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl