Analysis on Secure Boot / Restricted Boot

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Fri Jun 1 21:02:23 UTC 2012

Hmmmm....

"FSFE demands that before purchasing a device, buyers must be informed
concisely about the technical measures implemented in this device, as well
as the specific usage restrictions and their consequences for the owner."
=> "Not Linux Compatible"

I fear! It's one way to defend your market share when all other measures
fail! Surely it is the beginning of the end for MS, how long can this
strategy help them?

Maybe FSF or SFC will strike a similar deal and be the key-signing manager
that Fedora didn't want to be. But cutting their own groove for captivity,
MS may turn out to legitimise the other groove for freedom.

Sam