A pan-European DFD activity proposal

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Fri Feb 17 09:18:09 UTC 2012

Dear all,

* Heiki Repentinus Ojasild <repentinus at fsfe.org> [2012-02-03 15:18:39 +0000]:

> I proposed organizing a student essay competition on Free Software and
> Open Standards topics.

[...]

Yesterday and today I spoke with Heiki and Alessandro about the idea for
the short essay competition. I very much like the idea to get students
involved in Document Freedom Day, and get them to think about how to
save their documents.

After some considerations about the activity Heiki, Alessandro, and I
now agreed that we will not do this activity for this year, but that we
will do it for next years DFD. Heiki will work together with the
education team to think about how to best approach the students for the
contest, what kind of reward would be appealing to them, how we measure
who is the winner, ...

We will do this with more time in advance, like starting with it already
in September to get many students and teachers involved in this.

So we already have a very good idea for next year!

Best Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003