Ask celebraties for Document Freedom Day quotes

Andreas K. Foerster list at akfoerster.de
Tue Feb 7 13:52:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:21:24PM +0100, Matthias Kirschner wrote:

> as you have seen we got a quote from Stephen Fry for Document Freedom
> Day. That's really cool! But we should we stop with that? Why shouldn't
> we be able to get more cool quotes. So who of you will be able to get
> another cool quote from a celebraty?
>
> Whoever is able to get Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "Your file 'll be
> back. So better make sure to use Open Standards!"? will be my personel
> hero for the next year!!

I don't think Schwarzenegger would be very believable, unless he really
uses Free Software, which I doubt.

Maybe it would also be a good idea to collect material, books, films,
music, etc., where Free Software already plays a positive role.

I was fascinated by the book "Little Brother" by Cory Doctorow, where the
GNU/Linux system plays a major part (although it's just called "Linux").

English book as free download:
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/download/

German translation:
http://cwoehrl.de/files/lbdt_v1.pdf

German audio book:
http://www.archive.org/details/CoryDoctorowsLittleBrother-Kapitel1

P.S.: Okay, I admit it, I just listened to the audio book. ;-)

--
AKFoerster