Microsoft open specification promise

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:52:13 UTC 2012

On 11 December 2012 11:40,  <theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch> wrote:

> My own experience is now that I can mostly open DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files in
> Libre Office, but there are often things missing, e.g. lines of text,
> columns of data, or complex XLSX documents take ages to load. Is this the
> "fault" of OOXML, MS-Office, Libre Office or all three?

Slightly off-topic: whenever you get a recent MS Office document like
this that doesn't work, please file a bug with LO - they really do
work hard on their format converters and love to know about this
stuff, e.g.:

http://fridrich.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/libreoffice-coreldraw-import-filter.html

I don't know for sure about Apache OpenOffice, but I'd be surprised if
they weren't similarly interested in their filters.

- d.