Microsoft open specification promise

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Tue Dec 11 14:36:31 UTC 2012

* theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch <theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch> [2012-12-11 12:40:21 +0100]:

> Am 11.12.2012 11:26, schrieb Matthias Kirschner:
> >Please also have a look at:
> >
> >http://fsfe.org/activities/os/msooxml-interoperability.en.html
> >Also some information
> >http://fsfe.org/activities/os/msooxml-idiosyncrasies.en.html
>
> These are rather dated and technical. Ordinary users, even
> politicians engaged in liberty, social or green issues, usually
> don't care about anything except that it works. Is there an FSFE
> page or elsewhere, which concisely explains to ordinary users the
> disadvanges of OOXML (and especially DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX) and
> encourages them use, if not ODF, at least RTF and PDF when possible?

We explained some of the issues in previous Document Freedom Days.
Perhaps some of the links in http://blogs.fsfe.org/greve/?p=152 help
you.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003