Russia uses Microsoft to suppress dissent

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Mon Sep 20 09:18:24 UTC 2010

* Hugo Roy <hugo at fsfe.org> [2010-09-17 12:30:44 +0200]:

> See also Glyn Moody's article quoting the New York Times where he places
> the issue within Free Software advocacy. I particularly agree when he
> writes that he doesn't understand why those NGOs, promoting Freedom
> etc., don't already use Free Software, as this would protect them better
> against that sort of things, but sure against all sort of intrusions.

This reminds me about my first university paper :) I explained why
organisations which cooperate with developing nations have to use Free
Software:

  Kulturtechnik Software -- Warum Organisationen, die mit
  Entwicklungsländern kommunizieren, Freie Software einsetzen müssen
  <http://www.difficulties.de/mk/papers.html>

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
Free Software Foundation Europe (fsfe.org)