Examples of proprietary control

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Oct 13 12:06:43 UTC 2009

Itunes not supporting non-apple hardware - palm having to use Apples USB id.

Conflicts between different OS/service-pack requirements of different
applications.

As a contrary example, I spoke to an ex-Sun distributor who wrote a scsi
driver (ages ago) for some older Sun hardware so that a new SunOS
release would run on the older hardware.

Sam