GFDL 1.3

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Nov 3 19:29:49 UTC 2008

I find it slightly funny that the invariant sections seemed to be a blocker to the relicensing.

I think the GPL3 dated exception relates to the Novel deal but I find it strange because although it is topical I'm not aware of an actual neccessity for that exception. I don't find it offensive but it makes me wary and I hope it doesn't bite later on.

I don't know what the GFDL exception is about, could you enlighten? Did the authors of the work in question want their work to be relicensable?

Perhaps there should be an explanatory note in each case - at least to presenting the reason in favourable light would make political sense.

I don't like GFDL arbitrary restrictions like "five words" and so forth, but that's off topic...

 Sam