FSFE Newsletter

Jonas Öberg oberg at fsfeurope.org
Tue Jan 8 17:07:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:45:18 +0000
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:

> What, that they legitimise Microsoft's software patents and FSF Europe
> stays quiet? Something should have been said.

We didn't exactly stay quiet, but we also don't want to think of this
as a defeat for Free Software. It isn't -- it's a very good step
forward. The only ones who seem to have an opposing view is the FFII.

But patents will likely be an issue in the future, so I hope that the
FFII and the FSFE will find enough common ground then to work together
(this shouldn't be very difficult, we agree on most point, and only
seem to disagree in this instance about interpretation).

--
Jonas Öberg
Free Software Foundation Europe                ( Join the Fellowship )