(meta) Request for tag in subject line

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Fri Feb 1 12:23:15 UTC 2008

On 01-Feb-2008, David Gerard wrote:
> Would it be possible to tag subject lines in list messages?

It's possible. I'd really prefer this *not* happen, though.

* If you want to filter by list, use the 'List-Id' field in every
  message header. Heck, if you want the message treated specially in
  any way based on which list it came from, use the 'List-Id' field.

* Messages and threads sent to multiple lists with this subject
  munging quickly accumulate subject-line cruft from all of them.

--
 \           "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "Umm, I think so, |
  `\        Brain, but what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?"  -- |