Article: "Fixing linux" - opinions?

P.B. pb at fsfe.org
Fri Dec 12 13:26:42 UTC 2008

@Rui Miguel Silva Seabra:

I clearly see that you didn't get my point. Furthermore, your
arguments and choice of language are neither helpful nor mature.

Unfortunately, you've missed that I wasn't complaining - I'm looking
for answers and reasonable arguments to present to others who stumble
across these things and do not have time or the technical background
to understand - or even fix - it.

Most of your replies don't help anyone.

> "I don't give a crap about Windows, all my external disks are
formatted with ext3."

Hm... guess what? My disks are all ext3, too! But what about other
people, if they'd like to use their external disk to move data around?

- or -

(printer settings)
> "Send patches fixing those applications, or get someone else to do
it faster (mybe by paying them, for instance)."

That's a nice, but unrealistic answer. We're not talking about a small
fix for a single application here.

Please don't bother to reply unless you're willing to calm down a bit
and offer useful, constructive approaches.

Pb