Article: "Fixing linux" - opinions?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Dec 11 20:47:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:18:00PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:04:23PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > By idiots.
>
> Personal insults and unchecked myopia hardly help matters, do they?

Somehow, the definition of "idiot" applies more to those generic idiots than
what your feeble attempt of a personal insult would apply to me.

I particularly like this definition of idiot:

	Idiot is a word derived from the Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person
	lacking professional skill," "a private citizen," "individual"), from
	ἴδιος, idios ("private," "one's own").[1] In Latin the word idiota
	("ordinary person, layman") preceded the Late Latin meaning "uneducated
	or ignorant person."[2] Its modern meaning and form dates back to Middle
	English around the year 1300, from the Old French idiote ("uneducated or
	ignorant person"). The related word idiocy dates to 1487 and may have
	been analogously modeled on the words prophet[3] and prophecy.[4][5] The
	word has cognates in many other languages.

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

Complaining about choice on Free Software is like complaining about
being able to choose in an election.

Only idiots do it.

Rui

--
Or is it?
Today is Setting Orange, the 53rd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?