Article: "Fixing linux" - opinions?

Noah Slater nslater at tumbolia.org
Thu Dec 11 21:01:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 08:47:57PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:18:00PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:04:23PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > > By idiots.
> >
> > Personal insults and unchecked myopia hardly help matters, do they?
>
> Somehow, the definition of "idiot" applies more to those generic idiots than
> what your feeble attempt of a personal insult would apply to me.

I wasn't trying to insult you.

> Complaining about choice on Free Software is like complaining about being able
> to choose in an election.
>
> Only idiots do it.

You entirely missed the point of my email. Calling someone an idiot is a
personal remark, or an ad hominem if you like fancy words. It has absolutely no
bearing on logical discussion and adds nothing constructive to the thread.

Don't do it. Don't be that guy.

I called you myopic because you seem to be operating under the delusion that the
way you perceive the world is the only way to perceive the world and that anyone
who does not share this position is either plain wrong or an idiot.

Don't do it. Don't be that guy.