GPL License with clause for Web use?

Shane Martin Coughlan coughlan at fsfeurope.org
Wed Nov 21 20:09:37 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> So, in my experience, suggesting people email licensing at fsf.org is
> equivalent to saying "go away and don't bother me for at least two
> months." Which is unfortunate.

Well it's certainly not what I am suggesting David :)  My point is that
where you have distinct questions regarding the new AGPL it makes sense
to try and get an answer from the draftees of the text itself.

The release of a new licence inevitably brings questions and concerns.
I'd like to see specific concerns addressed as fully as possible.  My
guess is that most things will boil down to a handful of questions that
would hopefully end up answered on the GPL FAQ sooner rather than later,
thus allowing the maximum possible amount of people to benefit from the
information.

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan