GPL License with clause for Web use?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:54:24 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, Shane Martin Coughlan <coughlan at fsfeurope.org> wrote:

> As for the response time, resolution time and satisfaction rate, you
> would have to ask the FSF licensing team.

I've sent two licence questions to the FSF licensing team;  one took
three months to get an answer on (and in fact resulted in the software
whose licence I was wondering about getting relicensed) and the other
took two months (and was "we can't provide a quick answer, read the
text of the licence" - this being the GFDL).

So, in my experience, suggesting people email licensing at fsf.org is
equivalent to saying "go away and don't bother me for at least two
months." Which is unfortunate.

If you disagree, then I look forward to actual statistics.

- d.