GPL License with clause for Web use?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Nov 21 19:12:43 UTC 2007

Shane Martin Coughlan <coughlan at fsfeurope.org> wrote: [...]
> As usual the FSF's GPL FAQ has some information that may be useful:
> http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Erm, that FAQ doesn't actually cover the frequently-asked questions
about GPLv3's patent-in-copyright or most aspects of the AGPL upgrade
clause or most of the other content discussed in this thread.  Most of
the new FSF licences are not in its compatibility matrix.  Why is it
useful here?  Why would you think think it's not already well-read?

> For specific licence questions and concerns regarding the AGPLv3 I
> suggest email Brett Smith and the FSF licensing team at
> licensing at fsf.org.  Speculating about the terms of the licence may not
> be the optimal way to understand it's implications.

It's usually faster and more verifiable when it works, though.  What's
licensing at fsf's current response time, resolution time and enquirer
satisfaction rate?

> Naturally FSFE's FTF is also glad to lend a hand where we can.  You can
> contact me directly or email the FTF at ftf at fsfeurope.org.

What's FTF's response, resolution and satisfaction?

> PS: Off-topic, but would you chaps be willing to help out with some
> practical licence usage questions I have?  Sort of little market survey.

I would, but I think FSF would class me as off-message for
documents-as-software and web applications... and probably GPLv3 too now.

Regards,