Doubts about the Italian Free Software Conference 2007

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Wed Mar 21 09:48:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 09:00 +0100, Nicola Larosa wrote:
> I did not get answers to this, so I need to ask it again: *why* does a free
> software conference need to limit itself to a scientific and academic
> approach?

Why not?

> Is there any publicly available record of the discussion that
> produced such a decision?

There is no public record and there is no need to justify such choice.
I think people are free to organize conferences the way they see fit. In
this case a group of organizations has proposed to have 3 days of
conferences, two dedicated to scientific advancements in Free Software
research, one to the Italian communities.  You are free to join the
conference, if you want and in any part you are interested in.

> Yes, at least I could take part in the Fellowship meeting, even if I'm a
> rather fresh one. ;-)

That would be awesome.  We will publish a draft agenda by the end of
this week so we can discuss that. If you have suggestions for topics you
want to see addressed let me know.

Cheers
stef