3rd Fellowship Raffle to attract more Fellows

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Wed Mar 14 11:01:55 UTC 2007

    >> Perhaps the marketing needs tuning: "This Device Needs
    >> Liberation"

    ah> I think that's exactly the issue. The "special conditions" are
    ah> not publicly accessible, and there's no indication of a
    ah> freeness issue.

   Yes. I think you have a point here.

   We'll be working to make this message clearer.

Please drop the raffle!  You are still going to distribute non-free
software to people.  Try to set a good example for others to follow.
Would it be OK for Ubuntu to distribute non-free drivers with their
system with a message that makes it clear that they are hoping that
someone will someday write a free replacement? Of course not!  So why
is the FSFE doing this?

Non-free software is simply not acceptable, that the FSFE is giving
the message that it is is sad, and really makes me wonder what the
goal of the FSFE is, freedom or promoting non-free software to people.