pric 31-Jan-2007

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 31 22:27:17 UTC 2007

On 31-Jan-2007, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the message header fields indicate the mail has
> been sent from aso10.internetdsl.tpnet.pl, which is clearly not an
> address under FSFE's control.

Right. I missed the original Received field.

            by gadolin.fsfeurope.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6793B444002
            for <discussion at fsfeurope.org>; Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:26:51 +0100 (CET)

> The From: header is obviously forged.

Yes, I never believe that field on suspected spam :-)

> So there's not much we can do, unfortunately.

I thought for a while that the sender might be spoofing as an FSFE
machine, in which case it can be rejected immediately once it gives
its HELO; but that's not the case.

Thanks for investigating.

--
 \           "If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, |
  `\     because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to |