FSFE ignoring OOXML?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 24 19:43:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

"Torsten Werner" <mail.twerner at googlemail.com> writes:
> I just mentioned the FSFE as an example for not finding someone that
> wants to take part in the ISO process

I worked with IFSO to write to the relevent body in Ireland:
http://ifso.ie/documents/correspondence/20070201iso-ooxml.pdf

And I participated in other mailing lists and spread information to help
others also submit letters.  None of these were submitted under the name
"FSFE", but FSFE still participated in helping these groups.

Just this week I spent most of Monday in a meeting with 20 others discussing
OOXML and the ISO process.  I might try to summarise this for a blog entry
when I'm coming back from Strasbourg tomorrow evening.

We don't have enough resources to lead this.  If you would like to start
something bigger, this list would be a good place to discuss it, or if you
have an fsfe.org blog you could announce it there.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by