Problems with the GPL as I see them

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Thu Sep 28 12:03:14 UTC 2006

   But in my reading still requires the distributor to puts generous
   constraints on the use of the signing authenticator output if they
   retain the right to distribute.

A signature key is not a authorization key.  The key is not needed to
use the program.

   > 2nd you don't need a *special* password to unpack/read/copy the
   > source code. The SSL layer is transparent and accessible to
   > anyone.

   replace SSL (+HTTP) with S/MIME (+SMTP) and a per-recipient
   encryption with a key generated by the distributor, which key
   contains copyrighted data and trademarks in the accompanying
   signed-key certificate.

You don't need a special password to use/copy/modify/distribute the
program once it is unpacked.

Cheers.