Kernel developers' position on GPLv3

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Wed Sep 27 06:19:52 UTC 2006

Hello Niall,

your statements are extremely important and deserve attention because
GPLv3 cannot afford leaving ambiguity or generate incompatibility with
what you say below.

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 09:04 +0100, Niall Douglas wrote:
> For example, as far as I understood revision 2, it COULD be
> incompatible with BSD licensing, COULD be incompatible with
> authentication signing keys (ie; this binary was made by
> me), COULD be incompatible with permitting GPL v3 binaries to be
> transferred over a SSL connection

Can you please point out the precise wordings that in your opinion could
lead to such incompatibilities?  I couldn't see these problems (although
I found others and submitted comments). Did you submit your comments?

thanks
stef